Free parenting skills workshop offered in New Roads | Business
NEW ROADS -- New Roads Mayor Robert Myer announced that the city will sponsor a free series of parent leadership courses from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on June 19-20 and 26-27 at Rosenwald Elementary School.
He said dinner will be served from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on those seminar days.
“We hope the parents in New Roads will take advantage of this free training,” Myers said.
“The purpose of this project is to equip parents with the proper mental tools and skills they need to be effective leaders in the lives of their children,” he said. “This project will also endeavor to teach parents how to use the tools and skills learned in this training to guide their children into a productive future.”
Myer said the goals of the project include improving the parenting skills of parents, improving the leadership capabilities of parents and positively impacting the behavior of school children.
Parents who are interested in attending the seminars and want more information should contact Ruth Oliver at 225-638-6341, ext. 210, or Bernadine St. Cyr at 225-718-0340.
Top Felicianas - Pt. Coupee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Residents worry about drainage on Eden Church Road
- Attorney: School board president will not face additional charges in deadly wreck
- Troopers seize truck of school board president arrested in deadly hit and run
- Denham Springs man killed in motorcycle crash
- Contact 9: Hurricane debris finally cleaned up on Petit Amite