Family, friends honor Miss Southern University | Community Spirit
A party was held Sunday, June 10 in New Roads to honor Miss Southern University Erin Rogers.
Rogers will represent the university at various events during the 2012-2013 school year.
The party was held at the beautiful home of Attorney Chad Aguillard and his wife Erica. Family, friends, Southern University administrators and alumni attended.
New Roads Mayor Robert Meyer declared Sunday as Erin Rogers Day and presented her with a key to the city.
Others in attendance included SU Chancellor Jim Llorens and his wife; Robert Rene, Donald Andrews, Agnes Andrews, and Rogers' parents and siblings.
Top Felicianas - Pt. Coupee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Residents worry about drainage on Eden Church Road
- Attorney: School board president will not face additional charges in deadly wreck
- Troopers seize truck of school board president arrested in deadly hit and run
- Denham Springs man killed in motorcycle crash
- Contact 9: Hurricane debris finally cleaned up on Petit Amite